Index: [Article Count Order] [Thread]

Date: Mon, 19 Nov 2018 10:47:47 +0900
From: 尾谷昌則 <masa.odani@gmail.com>
Subject: [PSJ-News:00419] Call for Papers! (1st East Asian Pragmatics Symposium)
To: psj-news <psj-news@pragmatics.gr.jp>

日本語用論学会会員の皆さま
(※ML専用アドレスから配信しておりますので、本メールへの返信はご遠慮ください。)

Daniel Kadar先生(Dalian University of Foreign
Languages)より、「第1回東アジア語用論シンポジウム」のご案内(およびCFP)を頂きましたので、会員の皆さまにお知らせ致します。

━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━

*1st East Asian Pragmatics Symposium*

*Theme: Variational Pragmatics in East Asian Languages*

*Call for Papers*

*Time: *19?21, September 2019

*Location: *Centre for Pragmatics Research, Dalian University of Foreign
Languages, Dalian, China

*Contact person: *Wenrui Shi (shi_wenrui@126.com)

*Overview*

The Editorial Team of the peer-reviewed international journal East Asian
Pragmatics is delighted to announce the first of its annual symposia. The
goal of the annual EAP symposia series is to create an academic opportunity
for scholars working on the pragmatics of East Asian languages to exchange
ideas and build a research community. In each year, we intend to organise
an event dedicated to a key area in East Asian pragmatics. Submissions are
welcome both within and outside of the scope of this theme, but as a key
criterion the EAP conference series exclusively accommodates studies
dedicated to East Asian languages. Since the goal of the symposia is to
promote collaboration between the academic communities in the East Asian
region, and scholars located elsewhere who work on East Asian pragmatics,
the lingua franca of the EAP symposia is English and we aim the symposia to
be hosted by diverse destinations worldwide. We regard it as highly
important to cover Chinese, Japanese and Korean as languages with the
largest number of speakers in the East Asian region, and in each year the
area of research of our invited speakers proportionately cover these
languages.

The first symposium event is dedicated to variational pragmatics in the
East Asian region, i.e. the study of the question of how pragmatic
phenomena vary across East Asian languages, societies and cultures. Amongst
other themes, we welcome contributions, which:

   - Conduct cross-cultural comparisons of pragmatic phenomena such as
   politeness and humour across East Asian languages;
   - Examine the variation of pragmatic phenomena across the dialects in
   languages such as Chinese and Japanese;
   - Compare the historical development of sociopragmatic phenomena across
   East Asian cultures;
   - Examine intercultural communication between speakers of East Asian
   languages.

Our keynote speakers include:

Xinren Chen (Nanjing University)

Saeko Fukushima (Tsuru University)

Daniel Kadar (Dalian University of Foreign Languages;

Hungarian Academy of Sciences)

Alan Kim (Southern Illinois University)

Shigeko Okamoto (University of California Santa Cruz)

Yongping Ran (Guangdong University of Foreign Studies)

Wei Ren (Beihang University)

Ide Sachiko (Japan Women’s University)

Doreen Wu (Hong Kong Polytechnic University)

Shaojie Zhang  (Northeast Normal University)

Ling Zhou (Northeast Normal University)

*Organising committee*

The EAP symposia run under the aegis of the EAP project, and organising
committees of the annual events comprise of selected members of the Board
and local organisers. The Organising Committee of the 1st EAP Symposium
include:

International organisers:

Lucien Brown (Monash University)

Xinren Chen (Nanjing University)

Haruko Cook (University of Hawai’i)

Winnie Cheng (Hong Kong Polytechnic University)

Yasuko Obana (Kwansei Gakuin University)

Jun Ohashi (University of Melbourne)

Jef Vershueren (University of Antwerp)

Local organisers:

Yaochen Deng (Dalian University of Foreign Languages)

Daniel Kadar (Dalian University of Foreign Languages)

Fengguang Liu (Dalian University of Foreign Languages)

Wenrui Shi (Dalian University of Foreign Languages)

Bing Xue (Dalian University of Foreign Languages)

Sen Zhang (Dalian University of Foreign Languages)

*Timeline, abstracts, venue & visa*

We warmly welcome panel submissions. Colleagues with interest in organising
a panel should contact Daniel Kadar(dannier@dlufl.edu.cn) by the 15th of
January 2019. Panels should include 4-10 thematic presentations.

The deadline for abstract submissions in 1 May 2019. Abstracts should be
sent by emails to the Conference Secretary Ms Wenrui Shi (shi_wenrui@126.com).
Abstracts should be a) between 300 and 500 words, b) the should be in Word
format, and c) include the title of the talk, the name and affiliation of
the author and up to 5 keywords.

The symposium will take place on the campus of the Dalian University of
Foreign Languages. The University is proud of having set up a Centre
dedicated to pragmatics research, the first of its kind in China, which is
directed by Daniel Kadar, one of the editors of EAP. Dalian is a beautiful
coastal city with excellent transportation links. The city has a
multicultural heritage with influence from Japan and Russia, and it boasts
with breath-taking beaches, islands and many historical and modern cultural
spots.

As per the immigration law of China, delegates need to obtain visa to
attend the conference (with the exception of delegates from Korea and Japan
and another few location). The Organisers are delighted to arrange
invitation letters for all participants; inquiries regarding visa should be
directed to Sen Zhang (zhangsen@dlufl.edu.cn).

General inquiries can be sent to Daniel Kadar: dannier@dlufl.edu.cn

*EAP Youth Scholar Award*

To nurture academic talent in our area, we welcome young scholars to apply
for the EAP Youth Scholar Award. Applicants for the Award should be under
35 years and should be enrolled in a PhD programme. The application should
include an 8,500 words long anonymous English paper dedicated to an East
Asian pragmatics-related theme, as well as a bio-note of 500 words. A
committee of 3 academics will evaluate the papers, and the authors of the 3
best submissions will be awarded. The award will be conferred as a ceremony
at the end of the conference, and the winners will be given an 8-year
subscription for EAP.

The deadline for submissions is the May 1, 2019. Submissions should be sent
to Daniel Kadar.

*Participation fee*

The participation fee is 125 Euro/1,000 RMB; the student fee is 50% of this
amount.

We will provide a list of accommodation near to the conference venue, close
to the seaside resort next to the University.

━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━
▼ 本メールへの返信はご遠慮ください。(ML配信専用アドレスです)
当学会へのお問い合わせは、下記のアドレスにお願いします。
▼ DO NOT REPLY to this e-mail.   If you have any questions,
   please e-mail us at "webmaster -at- pragmatics.gr.jp"
━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━
▼問い合わせ先
会員管理室: psj -at- outreach.jp
学会事務局: secretary -at- pragmatics.gr.jp
広報委員会: webmaster -at- pragmatics.gr.jp
ML配信依頼: webmaster -at- pragmatics.gr.jp
――――――――――――――――――――――――――――――
▼登録情報の変更
住所・連絡先・会員ステータスの変更は、「会員専用ページ」
にログインしてから、ご自身でお願いします。
https://science-cloud.com/psj/mypage/
――――――――――――――――――――――――――――――
▼ 日本語用論学会公式ホームページ
http://pragmatics.gr.jp/
――――――――――――――――――――――――――――――
▼『語用論研究』(SIP) バックナンバー
http://pragmatics.gr.jp/journal/backnumbers/
▼「NEWSLETTER」バックナンバー
http://pragmatics.gr.jp/archive/newsletter.html
▼PSJ 広報用Twitterアカウント
https://twitter.com/psjoffice

419_2.html (attatchment)(tag is disabled)