Index: [Article Count Order] [Thread]

Date: Wed, 12 Feb 2020 07:41:29 +0900
From: $BHxC+>;B'(B <masa.odani@gmail.com>
Subject: [PSJ-News:00548] $B9q:]%7%s%]%8%&%`(B International symposium $B!H(BFormulaicity in interactional discourse$B!I$N$40FFb(B
To: psj-news <psj-news@pragmatics.gr.jp>

$BF|K\8lMQO@3X2q2q0w$N3'$5$^(B
$B!J"((BML$B@lMQ%"%I%l%9$+$iG[?.$7$F$*$j$^$9$N$G!"K\%a!<%k$X$NJV?.$O$41sN8$/$@$5$$!#!K(B

$BNkLZN<;R@h@8!J7DXf5A=NBg3X!K$h$j!"9q:]%7%s%]%8%&%`!V(BInternational symposium $B!H(BFormulaicity in
interactional discourse$B!I!W$N$40FFb$rD:$-$^$7$?$N$G!"2q0w$N3'$5$^$K$*CN$i$;CW$7$^$9!#(B
$B$J$*!"=EJ#$7$F$*l9g$O!"2?B4$4MF$*1[$7$/$@$5$$!#;HMQ8@8l$O1Q8l$G$9!#(B

International symposium $B!H(BFormulaicity in interactional discourse$B!I(B

The main theme of this symposium, formulaic language (aka fixed
expressions), covers a wide range of expressions and phenomena including
collocation, colligation, phraseological units, idioms, prefabs, among
others. Such phenomena refer not only to single words but to phrases,
multi-word sequences or even clauses, perhaps being mentally stored and
retrieved once conventionalized or entrenched. Formulaic expressions have
coherent meanings that cannot be represented by the sum of the meaning of
each word. Such expressions are difficult to handle by the model of grammar
that characterizes language as a simple set of general rules. Those
expressions, however, by no means form a minority in language use but are
actually quite frequent and pervasive. In this symposium, we will share our
findings based on our cross-linguistic and in-depth investigation on
various aspects of formulaic language, for instance, its interactional and
socio-cultural functions, distribution within grammar, how spoken and
written forms of language affect each other in the diachronic and
synchronic realms of formulaicity. Research activities to be reported in
this international symposium are supported by the Japan Society for the
Promotion of Science, i.e. KAKENHI (Pl: Ryoko Suzuki, No. 17KT0061) and by
Meiji University.

<Timetable>

Date: March 13 (Fri) 9:55-17:00

Venue: Rm 310, Nakano Campus, Meiji University, Nakano, Tokyo

https://www.meiji.ac.jp/cip/english/about/campus/nakano.html

(Direction to Meiji Nakano Campus)

https://www.meiji.ac.jp/cip/english/about/campus/na_campus.html#nakano2 (Campus
map)

https://www.meiji.ac.jp/koho/campus_guide/nakano/6t5h7p00000eqbr5-img/map_3f.gif
(Floor
guide)

9:30-                    Room opens

9:55-10:00            Opening

10:00-10:40           Talk (1)

Daisuke Yokomori & Tomoko Endo (Kyushu University / The University of
Tokyo)

Unit-initial and unit-final *kedo* in Japanese conversation

10$B!'(B45-11$B!'(B25      Talk (2)

Reijiro Shibasaki $B!J(BMeiji University$B!K(B

From written to spoken language: Notes on full stop as a pragmatic marker
and beyond

11$B!'(B30-12$B!'(B10      Poster presentations

Fumino Horiuchi (Daito Bunka University)

Role of formulaicity in acquiring English prepositions

Toshihide Nakayama (Tokyo University of Foreign Studies)

Formulaic expressions as a basis for interactional coordination

Ryoko Suzuki (Keio University)

Hiroko Takanashi (Japan Women$B!G(Bs University)

The dialogic emergence of language form in resonant play

Tomoyuki Tsuchiya (Kyushu University)

Anecdotal situation in Japanese SNS quotes: The case of $B!H(BA high school girl
in McDonald$B!G(Bs$B!I(B and $B!I(BCarl L$(D+S(Bffler$B!I(B

12:10-13:30            Lunch break

13:35-14:35            Guest talk (1)

Michiko Kaneyasu$B!J(BOld Dominion University)

Expectations for $B!F(Bnatural$B!G(B ways of talking: A context-dependent perspective
on fixedness in conversation

14:45-15:55            Guest talk (2)

Tsuyoshi Ono (University of Alberta)

Examining traditional grammar through formula: clause combining

15:55-16:55            Guest talk (3)

Hongyin Tao$B!J(BUniversity of California, Los Angeles)

Indexing formulaicity in Conversation: Alternations and interactional
functions

17:00-17:30            Discussion

$B(,(,(,(,(,(,(,(,(,(,(,(,(,(,(,(,(,(,(,(,(,(,(,(,(,(,(,(,(,(,(B
$B"'(B $BK\%a!<%k$X$NJV?.$O$41sN8$/$@$5$$!#!J(BML$BG[?.@lMQ%"%I%l%9$G$9!K(B
$BEv3X2q$X$N$*Ld$$9g$o$;$O!"2<5-$N%"%I%l%9$K$*4j$$$7$^$9!#(B
$B"'(B DO NOT REPLY to this e-mail.   If you have any questions,
   please e-mail us at "webmaster -at- pragmatics.gr.jp"
$B(,(,(,(,(,(,(,(,(,(,(,(,(,(,(,(,(,(,(,(,(,(,(,(,(,(,(,(,(,(,(B
$B"'Ld$$9g$o$;@h(B
$B2q0w4IM}<pJs$NJQ99(B
$B=;=j!&O"Mm@h!&2q0w%9%F!<%?%9$NJQ99$O!"!V2q0w@lMQ%Z!<%8!W(B
$B$K%m%0%$%s$7$F$+$i!"$4<+?H$G$*4j$$$7$^$9!#(B
https://science-cloud.com/psj/mypage/
??????????????????????????????
$B"'(B $BF|K\8lMQO@3X2q8x<0%[!<%`%Z!<%8(B
http://pragmatics.gr.jp/
??????????????????????????????
$B"'!X8lMQO@8&5f!Y(B(SIP) $B%P%C%/%J%s%P!<(B
http://pragmatics.gr.jp/journal/backnumbers/
$B"'!V(BNEWSLETTER$B!W%P%C%/%J%s%P!<(B
http://pragmatics.gr.jp/archive/newsletter.html
$B"'(BPSJ $B9-JsMQ(BTwitter$B%"%+%&%s%H(B
https://twitter.com/psjoffice

548_2.html (attatchment)(tag is disabled)