Index: [Article Count Order] [Thread]

Date: Thu, 12 Aug 2021 00:11:50 +0000
From: YAGIHASHI Hirotoshi <yagihashi@ks.kyorin-u.ac.jp>
Subject: [PSJ-News:00669] 認知言語学セミナーのご案内
To: psj-news <psj-news@pragmatics.gr.jp>

日本語用論学会会員の皆さま
(※ML専用アドレスから配信しておりますので、本メールへの返信はご遠慮ください。)

日本認知言語学会より、「認知言語学セミナー」のご案内を頂きましたので、会員の皆さまにお知らせ致します。
なお、重複してお受け取りの場合は、何卒ご容赦下さい。

━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━

日本語用論学会の皆様

日本認知言語学会では、以下の要領で「認知言語学セミナー」をオンラインで開催いたします。
講師は、構文文法で著名なMartin Hilpert先生です。

日本認知言語学会の会員はもちろん、非会員の方もご参加いただくことができます。
詳細は以下をご覧ください。

=====
2021年度認知言語学セミナー(オンライン開催)

日時:2021年9月3日(金)15:00〜17:30
講師:Martin Hilpert(the University of Neuchatel)先生

参 加 費:一般2,000円、学生1,000円
申込方法:以下のURL(申込フォーム)から参加登録のうえ、参加費を8月27日(金)までにお振込みください。
     Zoomのミーティング情報や配布資料は、追って申込アドレスにお届けいたします。

https://docs.google.com/forms/d/e/1FAIpQLSd6KwabbjgXbEhlplH86VyJZQf1AiT3LGOZ85WMQ6AUmYAgIw/viewform

講義内容:

【第1部】
Short and sweet: What we can learn from 2400 English clippings

This talk addresses the morphological word formation process that is known as clipping. In English, that process yields shortened word forms such as lab (<< laboratory), exam (<< examination), or gator (<< alligator). Existing work (Davy 2000, Durkin 2009, Haspelmath & Sims 2010, Don 2014) characterizes clipping as a highly variable phenomenon, arguing that it is difficult to predict how a given source word will be shortened. Recently however, the view that clipping is unsystematic or unpredictable has been empirically challenged (Lappe 2007, Jamet 2009, Berg 2011, Alber & Arndt-Lappe 2012, Arndt-Lappe 2018). This talk continues that line of research and presents new empirical insights.

Specifically, the talk will report on new results that have been obtained on the basis of a newly-compiled large database of English clippings. Drawing on several sources of data, a collection of 2400 English clippings has been annotated for variables that include phonological, morphological, syntactic, and semantic distinctions, along with corpus-based measurements of type and token frequency as well as distribution.

Earlier research on clippings has emphasized the importance of factors such as the principle of least effort (Zipf 1949), the recoverability of the source word (Tournier 1985), and phonological factors such as stress and syllable structure (Lappe 2007). While the individual influence of these factors on clipping has been recognized, their interaction and their relative importance remains to be fully understood. Addressing this research gap, this talk will present a multivariate analysis of factors that reveal systematic patterns that guide the formation of clippings. On the basis of such a multivariate analysis, it will be discussed what underlying factors are implicated in the clipping process and how these factors interact. The overall conclusion is that clipping has been unjustly characterized as an unpredictable word formation process. Not only are clippings formed on the basis of systematic patterns, but these patterns also reflect functional pressures that act on the speaker and the hearer.

【第2部】
Doing unruly things together: Collaborative insubordination

Collaborative insubordination is an emergent phenomenon of language use in which speakers are co-constructing an utterance. It involves what has been called insubordination (Evans 2007), that is, the use of syntactically subordinate structures in ways that are actually autonomous, if not completely independent. In this talk, I want to present collaborative insubordination, I want to advance a hypothesis about how children develop in their use of it, I want to explore how corpus data can be used to understand the phenomenon, and I will discuss the implications that collaborative insubordination has for constructional theories of linguistic knowledge. I will argue that collaborative insubordination is best understood as an emergent phenomenon that results from dealing with constructional knowledge in the temporality and situatedness of concrete linguistic action.

※Martin Hilpert先生のご講演は、9/4の第22回全国大会に於いても行われます。奮ってご参加ください。
=====

皆様のご参加をお待ちしております。

日本認知言語学会事務局
http://www.2jcla.jp/

━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━
▼ 本メールへの返信はご遠慮ください。(ML配信専用アドレスです)
  当学会へのお問い合わせは、下記のアドレスにお願いします。
▼ DO NOT REPLY to this e-mail.   If you have any questions,
   please e-mail us at "webmaster -at- pragmatics.gr.jp"
━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━
▼問い合わせ先
  会員管理室: psj -at- outreach.jp
  学会事務局: secretary -at- pragmatics.gr.jp