Index: [Article Count Order] [Thread]

Date: Mon, 25 Oct 2021 01:43:40 +0000
From: YAGIHASHI Hirotoshi <yagihashi@ks.kyorin-u.ac.jp>
Subject: [PSJ-News:00685] 談話行動研究会:Judith Holler先生 講演会(12月10日)開催のお知らせ
To: psj-news <psj-news@pragmatics.gr.jp>

日本語用論学会会員の皆さま
(※ML専用アドレスから配信しておりますので、本メールへの返信はご遠慮ください。)

竹田らら先生(昭和女子大学)より、「Judith Holler先生 講演会」のご案内を頂きましたので、会員の皆さまにお知らせ致します。
なお、重複してお受け取りの場合は、何卒ご容赦下さい。

━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━

日本語用論学会 会員の皆様
(重複して情報を受信された場合は、どうかご容赦ください。)

 この度、12月10日(金)に、下記掲載の内容にて「2021年度 第一回JACET談話行動研究会」を開催することとなりましたので、ご案内申し上げます。
 ご多用の折とは存じますが、多くの方々にご参加いただきますようご案内申し上げます。

ーーーーーーーーー

2021年度 第一回JACET談話行動研究会
(JACET Discourse & Pragmatics SIG Research Seminar / Yokohama City University [YCU] Institutional and Interpersonal Talk Lecture Series)

日時:2021年12月10日(金)18:00 - 19:00
講師:Dr Judith Holler(Max Planck Institute)
      The Donders Institute for Brain, Cognition & Behaviour
      The Max Planck Institute for Psycholinguistics
題目:Visual bodily signals as core coordination devices in talk
会場:Zoom開催
事前登録フォーム:https://forms.gle/SArPXqk53BAQZ4B3A
*12月1日(水)までにご登録ください。

<ABSTRACT>
Traditionally, visual bodily movements have been associated with the communication of affect and emotion. In the past decades, studies have convincingly demonstrated that some of these movements carry semantic information and contribute to the communication of propositional information. In this talk, I will throw light on the pragmatic contribution that visual bodily movements make in conversation. In doing so, I will focus on fundamental processes that are key in achieving mutual understanding in talk: signalling communicative intent, producing recipient-designed messages, signalling understanding, trouble in understanding and repairing problems in understanding, and the communication of social actions (or “speech” acts). The bodily semiotic resources that speakers use in engaging in these pragmatic processes include a wide range of bodily articulators, but in my talk I will focus on representational gestures (iconics and points) and facial signals. Together, the results demonstrate that when we engage in conversational interaction our bodies act as core coordination devices.

<BIO>
Judith Holler is Principal Investigator and Associate Prof at the Donders Institute for Brain, Cognition & Behaviour as well as Research Group Leader at the Max Planck Institute for Psycholinguistics, where she leads the group: “Communication in Social Interaction”. Prior to this, Dr Holler was Senior Investigator and Marie Curie Fellow at the Max Planck Institute for Psycholinguistics. Before she moved to the Netherlands, she was Assistant Professor at the School of Psychological Sciences, University of Manchester, UK, which is also where she completed her PhD, entitled “Semantic and pragmatic aspects of representational gestures: Towards a unified theory of human communication”. She also co-directs the Nijmegen Gesture Centre, together with Prof. Asli Ozyurek.

Judith's websites: https://www.mpi.nl/people/holler-judith

?- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -
連絡先(事務局):JACET談話行動研究会
e-mail:r-takeda@swu.ac.jp

━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━
▼ 本メールへの返信はご遠慮ください。(ML配信専用アドレスです)
  当学会へのお問い合わせは、下記のアドレスにお願いします。
▼ DO NOT REPLY to this e-mail.   If you have any questions,
   please e-mail us at "webmaster -at- pragmatics.gr.jp"
━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━
▼問い合わせ先
  会員管理室: psj -at- outreach.jp
  学会事務局: secretary -at- pragmatics.gr.jp