Index: [Article Count Order] [Thread]

Date: Fri, 17 Mar 2023 13:08:24 +0000
From: YAGIHASHI Hirotoshi <yagihashi@ks.kyorin-u.ac.jp>
Subject: [PSJ-News:00828] 「2022年度 第2回JACET 談話行動研究会」のご案内
To: psj-news <psj-news@pragmatics.gr.jp>

日本語用論学会会員の皆さま
(※ML専用アドレスから配信しておりますので、本メールへの返信はご遠慮ください。)

竹田らら先生(昭和女子大学)より、「2022年度 第2回JACET 談話行動研究会」のご案内を頂きましたので、会員の皆さまにお知らせ致します。
なお、重複してお受け取りの場合は、何卒ご容赦下さい。

━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━

日本語用論学会 会員の皆様
(重複して情報を受信された場合は、どうかご容赦ください。)

この度、3月29日(水)に、下記掲載の内容にて「2022年度 第2回JACET 談話行動研究会」を開催することとなりました。
ご多用の折とは存じますが、多くの方々にご参加いただきますようご案内申し上げます。

ーーーーーーーーー
2022年度 第2回JACET 談話行動研究会
日時:2023年3月29日(水)13:00-14:30
会場:Zoom開催(要事前登録)
参加費:無料(会員以外の方も歓迎)
内容:下記2講演

講演1:Dr Sarah Atkins (Aston Institute for Forensic Linguistics, Aston University)
Evaluating professional communication skills in medical education: an interactional sociolinguistic perspective
講演2:Prof Stephen Timmons (Healthcare Innovation in the Centre for Health Innovation, Leadership and Learning, Nottingham University Business School)
The wider social context for communication in health care

事前登録:以下メール宛にご連絡ください。Zoom Linkをお知らせします。
問合先:土屋慶子(Eメール:ktsuchiyアットyokohama-cu.ac.jp)
    Eメールの「アット」を「@」に変更してください。

講演1:Evaluating professional communication skills in medical education: an interactional sociolinguistic perspective (Dr Sarah Atkins)

[Abstract]
In this talk I provide a linguistic analysis of medical simulations used in the training and assessment of post-graduate doctors in the UK, drawing on recorded data from emergency medicine and general practice contexts. I investigate key areas of competence that trainee doctors are assessed on - ‘interpersonal skills’ and ‘leadership’ ? unpicking the linguistic features that participants employ with respect to these. In particular, I consider verbal features of ‘indirectness’ and ‘metacommunication’ in the ways these doctors make requests, as well as multimodal strategies of eye-gaze and non-verbal backchannels, comparing differences between high performing and poor performing trainees.

Such analysis reveals micro-interactional features that contribute to positive performance for trainee doctors in assessed simulations, revealing types of talk that come to be esteemed in these professional contexts. However, I will also consider how simulations, and the standardised assessment criteria employed, may work to codify and regiment particular styles of communication for entry to these professional fields in ways that do not always reflect real-life practice or make the ‘rules of the game’ transparent to the doctors who must play it. Though few would disagree with the importance of effective communication in medical settings, these difficulties raise important considerations for medical education in terms of how we train and assess medical practitioners in such skills.

Sarah Atkins is a Teaching and Research Fellow at Aston University with research interests in language and communication in professional contexts. She has worked on a number of projects within healthcare and law-enforcement settings, with a focus on the practical relevance of findings for practitioners.

講演2:The wider social context for communication in health care (Prof Stephen Timmons)

[Abstract]
In this paper I will outline some key theoretical insights into the wider social world in which health care communication takes place. Drawing on my own research and on others’ I will discuss the influence of profession, status and place in determining the setting for the kinds of health care communication we have studied. I will use the sociology of the professions, notably the neo-Weberian approaches used by myself and others. I will also draw on Goffman’s delineation of front and back stage space applied to health care settings.

Stephen Timmons is Professor in Healthcare Innovation in the Centre for Health Innovation, Leadership and Learning, Nottingham University Business School, UK. Stephen worked as an NHS manager before doing a PhD in sociology. His main research interests are in the implementation of innovations in health care, sociology of technology, and sociology of the professions.

━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━
▼ 本メールへの返信はご遠慮ください。(ML配信専用アドレスです)
  当学会へのお問い合わせは、下記のアドレスにお願いします。
▼ DO NOT REPLY to this e-mail.   If you have any questions,
   please e-mail us at "webmaster -at- pragmatics.gr.jp"
━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━
▼問い合わせ先
  会員管理室: psj -at- outreach.jp
  学会事務局: secretary -at- pragmatics.gr.jp